Updated 27th of April 2021
Point of Sale!
Very excited to announce that we will be installing our new POS in the coming months! It is called Tower POS and it will…
- replace the cash registers with a flash screen, a barcode scanner and lots of well laid out menus and buttons to make customer service simple and easy
- have integrated EFTpos to eliminate any fat finger faux pas
- manage gift vouchers
- manage garden club and trade customer discounts automatically by entering a customers phone number
- automatically apply discounts for monthly specials
- store retail customer sales history so we will be able to recall details of previous sales
As well as replacing our registers (and cashbook!!!) it will help us order and manage stock as well as our customer loyalty programs, promotions and account customers. BAAG will have to make the big leap to barcoding all our products and having all products set up in the POS so we can sell them.
It will affect the way that everyone of us performs our roles here at BAAG so much thought and hard work will go into making this a smooth and efficient upgrade. In the long run the benefits will be fantastic.
We will roll out the installation in stages beginning with a direct swap for the registers. There will be plenty of training at each stage so that everyone feels comfortable and involved.
Signing up new Trade Customers
We have made changes to the trade customer application process.
When potential trade customers ask about registering, please get the counter manager to handle the inquiry…
Counter managers – please go to the Trade Discount Application tab on the internal website to take the customers details. Your office manager will receive these details and email the customer a link with a form to fill out. This gives BAAG a chance to vet the customer but most importantly, an opportunity to make clear the terms and conditions of receiving the trade discount. Please do not hand out paper copies of the trade application form.
Here’s a link to the Trade Discount Application tab…http://internal.baag.com.au/trade-discount-application/
Communicating with potential trade customers…
- Be welcoming…tradies are our allies in the horticulture industry…they help sustain BAAG as well as help us to build valuable relationships with their own clients as well as other tradies
- Do not promise the customer anything. Fill out the online form and let the customer know that your office manager will send them the application promptly and that once approved, a card will be provided to present at the register for future transactions.
- If the customer is OBVIOUSLY a landscaper, gardener or garden designer, you can apply the trade discount to their purchase on the day they inquire – they may be wearing a uniform, have a business card etc.
- If you are unsure about their status do not give them a discount on the day they inquire – as above, please let the customer know that your office manager will send them the application promptly and that once approved, a card will be provided to present at the register for future transactions.
Existing trade customers have not been vetted or provided with terms and conditions. At this stage, when a tradie presents at the register to claim the discount, request to see their trade card… HOWEVER… as very few trade customers currently carry trade cards, just apply the discount as requested. Once our new POS is up and running, trade customers will be required to carry a trade card or provide their mobile number in order to get their discount.
NURSERY OUT OF STOCK – QUICK GUIDE